January 1, 2007

You don't know what you're missing...

...until you sing karaoke in your own private room with comfy couches, 2 microphones and 2 tamborines. Granted we didn't get started until about 1 in the morning. They had a very interesting collection of English songs, everything from Backstreet Boys to Rage Against the Machine. For my debut song, I of course sang "Africa" by Toto and thought of one of our last nights in Jamestown at Steve's house... Clayt sang Meatloaf's "Paradies by the dashboard light" with me, as well as Metallica's "Unforgiven Too." Clayt also accompanied Amrah in singing some mongolian songs, but since he couldn't even read the lyrics, he just sang backup - a bunch of ohs, oooooh, aaaahs, and etc. Karaoke is awesome, and this might be the start of an addiction for us, as there has been talk of going back for more tonight...

we went ice skating today near our house. We both only wiped out once, altough my life flashed before my eyes several times as young kids whizzed by pushing and pulling each other around, yanking on jacket backs and scarves... Actually at one point clayt was in front of me and I was skating and pushing him and next thing I know there is a little girl behind me handing on to my coat, and then a little boy hanging on to the back of her - we had our own congo line on ice! Good stuff.

and photos will be posted soon! I promise there will be more photos on this site before the end of the week. Tomorrow we will go to the post office to see if any packages have arrived for us, and if we are successful, then we will have a way to get photos on here.

No comments: