October 29, 2009

Seasons? I don't need no stinking seasons!

Hello everyone.

Jessica may have made the complete transition to Facebook, but I still enjoy a more cohesive narrative. Call me an old-timer, say I do not appreciate our new, fragmented, quick-hitting age, but I enjoy spinning a yarn now and then. So... I'm bringing it back.

Here we wait in the land without seasons (OK, there is one season... summer), while many of you are packing away the last of the single layer, short-sleeved relics of the hot summer-gone-by. Nope, not us. We are still sporting the shorts, still going to the river on the weekend, still watching hot garbage blow down the street (only sometimes). But I miss those seasons.

So, it is with that spirit of sighing nostalgia that I gladly inform you (if any of you are, indeed, out there) that Jessica and I will be home for the holidays! Home long enough to pull some doughnuts in parking lots, take a snowball in the ear, and see Jessica's famous upside-down snow angel!

Hope we catch you while we are there. We will be the one's shivering and cursing the cold. Can you believe that, only a little over a year removed from Mongolia? Damned adaptable bodies.

No comments: