April 18, 2007

A Fine Young Author...

CM - I have a particular student in my 5th grade class - not the best student - but one that tries hard, who has written some things that really struck me as unique. To give him some exposure to a wider audience, I have copied two of his essays below (I fixed the spelling, but not any of his other interesting word and grammar choices):

(1) I asked the class to write about what they would do with 1 billion Tugriks (about 1 million USD). Here is what he wrote:

If I had 1 billion MNT I would buy a chair.
Why? Because I need a chair.
I will sit there.
My kids will sit there.

(2) The class was bugging me to watch a movie. I told them that they are lucky to be in such a good school, and if they don't study hard, they won't get good jobs. I did, however, give them the chance to CONVINCE me with a persuasive essay:

I know we need to study. We all kids want to play and watch movie. If we play and watch movie all week we will be a garbage man. If we study we will be rich and also good man. But we're teacher said to we no always no. But english teacher said also no but grade fourths guys said to teacher can we watch movie maths teacher said yes. English teacher said yes to we're same days. Why one is no one is yes. I'll don't understand.

Ahhh the wisdom of youth...

No comments: